- What is my username?
Your username is the agency code for your unit of government. Your agency code is the same as it has been in the past. Your agency code is printed on the top left corner of the notification letter sent by the Clerk’s office. Note: be sure to include the hyphen and the number 0. If you cannot locate your agency code, please contact the Clerk’s office at (312) 603-1121 or email@example.com.
- What is my password?
On first login, your password is also your agency code. On the next screen, you will be prompted to create a new password. Your password must have at least 8 characters.
- What if I create a password and forget it upon next login?
From the login page, simply click on “Forgot your password?” and you will be prompted to enter your agency code. An email with a new temporary password will be sent to the email address on file for your unit of government.
- How many steps must I complete?
There are four steps to the Units of Government Online Filing:
- Verify Account – you will provide your agency’s phone number and zip code.
- My Information – you will confirm your agency’s address; agency website address (if applicable); administrator’s name, title, phone, fax and email.
- My Filers – you will review and update the list of filers you submitted last year and update the status to "not required" who are no longer required to file and add new people to the list. Due to a change in the law, you must provide job titles and phone numbers for all filers. We encourage you to provide emails where possible because emailing notices will allow us to be more efficient and cut costs.
- Submit Filing – you will review your final list, check a confirmation box and click “Submit Filing.” You will receive an email confirmation.
- How can I edit my list of filers in Step 3?
There are two ways to edit your list of filers:
- On screen – you can edit each filer individually on screen. Click on the ID number to the left of a filer’s name. A “Filer Profile” will appear where you can change the person’s name, address or filer status. Here you can add the person’s title, phone number and email address, too.
- In Excel – you can download your entire file from our site to Excel, make changes to the whole list, and upload the file back to our site.
- What information about a filer is required?
Filer’s name, title, home address and phone number. Email is not required, but it will allow the Clerk’s office to save on traditional mailings and improve outreach.
- Why is more information required this year?
In 2011, the Illinois Governmental Ethics Act was amended, allowing us to collect more information about your filers: titles, phone numbers and emails.
- Will my list of filers be shown on a public website?
Yes. In the interest of transparency, Public Act 096-1336 also allows for the creation of online public databases of lists of filers by unit of government. Those lists will be made available in 2011 along with all Statements of Economic Interest submitted by filers. Filers’ personal information, such as home address and phone number, will not be displayed.
- How long can I be idle before Units of Government Online Filing times out?
Units of Government Online Filing will time out after 2 hours without activity. However, your work is saved through the last screen where you have clicked “Save & Continue.”
- How do I edit my list if I want to make changes after it’s been submitted?
You may log in to the site and update your list until the February 1 deadline. After that date, please contact our office for access to your list.
- Will I be able to see if my filers have submitted their statements?
Yes. After the filing period begins, you will be able to log in to the site to check the statuses of your filers. We encourage you to check and remind your filers to file.