Ordering an Estimate of the Cost of Redemption
Property owners may request a calculation of the amount necessary to satisfy taxes that have been sold to a third party and that must be redeemed to prevent loss of the property.
You can order an Estimate of the Cost of Redemption in person at the Clerk's downtown office or submit a written request that one be mailed to you.
Cook County Clerk's Office
Real Estate & Tax Services Division
Cook County Building, Room 434
118 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60602
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
To order an Estimate of the Cost of Redemption:
- Fill out and submit an Order Form for Estimate of the Cost of Redemption*.
- Or, send a letter to the Real Estate & Tax Services Division requesting an Estimate of the Cost of Redemption. Be sure to include the information requested here.
- Include the Property Index Number (PIN).
- Include the required fee (see below).
(If mailing your request, include a daytime telephone number in case more information is needed to process your order.)
The fee for each PIN number involved is $10 for one year of delinquency and $3 for each additional year. If you are not sure how much to include, please call (312) 603-5645.