Select "view" from the Online Results column. Please note the download feature allows you to get an Excel document with precinct and township data by contest.
Unofficial results include all precinct totals, all early voting and more than 74,600 mail ballots.
That number will increase as ballots arrive. Mail ballots are eligible to be counted if they are postmarked by November 8 and received by November 22, according to state law. There are also up to 3,912 provisional ballots that, if validated, will be counted.
Here are a few highlights from Tuesday’s election:
- Results were reported from 93 percent of precincts by 10:10 p.m.
- Based on unofficial results, suburban Cook County turnout was about 70 percent.
- Oak Park had the highest turnout (81%) of any suburban township, followed by Evanston (78%) and New Trier (77%).
- Based on unofficial results, Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump won 4 of suburban Cook County’s 30 townships. Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton won 26 suburban townships.
- The Presidential race was closest in Norwood Park township, where Clinton beat Trump 49.0% to 46.6%
- Clinton’s winning percentage was highest in Calumet township (91.1%); Trump’s highest winning percentage was in Lemont township (58.2%).
- Election Day Registration (EDR), offered for the first time in a Presidential Election, was very popular – 27,392 voters took advantage of Election Day Registration.
- The average age of a voter taking advantage of EDR was 39.
- In the contest for U.S. Senator, Democrat Tammy Duckworth (61.4%) won 25 townships. Republican Mark Kirk (33.6%) won 5 townships.
All of the highlights are based on unofficial results. The Clerk's office has 21 days to certify the results. Results will be updated periodically as provisional and mail ballots are processed.
Suburban Cook County Presidential Elections
Registration and Voter Turnout 1992 – 2016
|Year||Registered Voters||Ballots Cast||Turnout|
*Unofficial. The number of ballots cast and turnout percentage will change as provisional and mail ballots are processed.