Job Code: 8818
Job Title: Executive Asst to the Deputy Clerk of Vital Records
Salary Grade: 18
Department Budget No: 11000
Position I.D. No.: 0066865
Status: At-Will, Exempt
Division: Vital Records
The Executive Assistant reports directly to Deputy Clerk of Vital Records or her or his designee. Primary responsibilities include the coordination of executive communications, which includes in-person visitors, fielding phone calls, responding to emails and drafting written correspondence to be emailed, mailed or hand delivered. This individual will also assist the Deputy Clerk of Vital Records with scheduling of meetings and appointments, updating any and all changes, and notifying all parties of such changes. The Executive Assistant to the Deputy Clerk of Vital Records is responsible for meetings attended which may include preparing agendas, accompanying the Deputy Clerk of Vital Records for the purpose of memorializing key details, executing on meeting action items, maintaining confidential and time sensitive information and follow up with attendee regarding any takeaways for such meeting. Overall, this position supports the administrative and clerical needs of the Deputy of Vital Records in the execution of her or his duties and responsibilities to the Clerk of Cook County. Performs other duties, as needed, at any of the six (6) customer points of service located throughout Cook County.
Finally, due to the Executive Assistant to the Deputy Clerk of Vital Records having access to and participating in “Confidential” meetings, communications and “Policymaking” related items, the position shall be selected by the Deputy Clerk of Vital Records, or his or her designee.
Essential Job Duties
• Assist and respond to all in-person, telephonic, email or mail communication for the DC of Vital Records, which includes but is not limited to responding to general email inboxes, customer requests, investigate problems, complaints and inquiries.
• Manage and coordinate the DC of Vital Records calendar, which includes but not limited to scheduling appointments and meeting, updating changes, notifying all necessary parties of all changes and contacting requestors via phone or email to notify them of all pertinent information.
• Issues or denies certified copies of vital records to customers; ensures confidentiality of records in accordance with the law.
• Prepare and draft office memoranda, email communications, resolutions and other correspondence on behalf of the DC of Vital Records which may be of a confidential and/or time sensitive nature.
• Contact and communicate with all other government agencies on behalf of DC of Vital Records, as it pertains to matters related to the department and office.
• Partner with other CCCO Executive Assistants to execute on large-scale data entry or urgent projects as required.
• Monitor, identify and resolve timekeeping through CCT system for employee time usage for payroll processing and reports.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This list represents the essential, but not the exhaustive list of tasks performed by the Position.
The employee may be assigned additional duties by management as needed and required.
• Associates Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration or a closely related field; OR Seven (7) years of experience supporting an executive-level position.
• Ten (10) years or more of prior experience supporting an executive-level position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
• Excellent verbal and written skills and specifically the ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of CCCO staff, constituents and stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently or with very little supervision to prioritize, plan and organize projects and tasks involving multiple parties
• Willingness and skill in initiating, developing and maintain professional relationships with internal and external constituents and stakeholder.
• Ability to maintain discretion and the utmost confidentiality with policy-related and other Administration exclusive information.
• Ability to dictate, transcribe and draft communications quickly while ensuring accuracy and professionalism
• Learn all policies, procedures and laws for processing and issuance of vital records
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various departments
• Well-organized and skilled with scheduling department meetings, preparing agendas and providing accurate department reports
• Proven ability to be flexible, detail oriented and problem solving
• Ability and willingness to travel to work assignment at any of the six (6) customer points of service located throughout Cook County, which may require the successful candidate utilization of her or his own adequate means of transportation
• Exemplary job performance and attendance
• May be required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
• May be required to frequently bend or stoop.
• May be required to lift or carry up to 30 lbs.
Must bring original educational diplomas or certificates, driver’s license, insurance card and coverage declaration summary for inspection at time of interview. Resumes must clearly indicate duration of, and nature of work experience, for consideration in accordance with specific minimum qualifications.
Any offer of employer will be contingent on the applicant passing a drug screening test, background check and any required pre-employment testing. New employees must establish residency in Cook County within six (6) months from their date of hire or face summary discharge.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
COOK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Application Period: February 14, 2020 – February 28, 2020
Email Resume: countyclerk.Hr@cookcountyil.gov (Job Code: VR02282020) COOK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER