Cook County Clerk’s Office Social Media Policy
The Cook County Clerk’s Office maintains social media sites to inform and engage the public regarding the office’s services and programs, as well as to highlight the activities of David Orr in his capacity as County Clerk.
The Clerk’s office appreciates all interaction and page visits, but please be aware that this page is moderated, and moderators reserve the right to delete any comments generally understood to be the following:
- Vulgar, hateful, or mean-spirited language;
- Personal attacks, ad hominem, or defamatory posts of any kind;
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or immigration status;
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind, including spam or links to other sites;
- Plagiarized material, or material that violates intellectual property rights;
- Private, personal information published without consent;
- Discussion not relevant to topic;
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity;
- Violent or threatening content; and
- False, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee, the Clerk’s office, or its operations.
Links to non-government sites do not constitute endorsements, and we cannot attest to the accuracy of information obtained from these links.
If you would like a response, please do your best to keep comments relevant to the post you are commenting on. Otherwise, feel free to send us a direct message – Clerk’s staff regularly checks the inbox and responds – or call the Clerk’s office at (312) 603-0900.
Photographs and Video
The Cook County Clerk’s Office uses pictures of office customers, voters and participants in its programs to promote and inform others of the office’s services and activities. Participation in Clerk’s office events and programs implies consent for the office to use photographs for such promotional purposes. If you do not want a picture taken, please tell our photographer. If the picture has already been taken, please contact the Clerk’s office at 312-603-0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time the photo was taken or the event it was taken at, and let us know that it should not be used.
Thanks for visiting us on social media!