Hours and Locations
- Serves as the official record keeper for births, marriages, civil unions and deaths that occur in Chicago and suburban Cook County,
- Issues marriage and civil union licenses to couples who are getting married and united,
- Certifies notary public commissions approved by the Illinois Secretary of State and the names of businesses that operate under a name other than that of its owner.
- Accepts, maintains voter registration for suburban Cook County,
- Provides pollwatcher credentials,
- Provides Early Voting,
- Provides in-person absentee voting.
- Provides Estimates of Redemption for delinquent taxes that have been sold at a tax sale and make payments to redeem those sold taxes,
- Provides information on other delinquent taxes, such as forfeited or open taxes,
- Provides duplicate certificates of redemption or other certificates of payment of real estate taxes,
- Maintains official county tax records, such as the Warrant Books and the Tax Judgment records,
- Files or reviews tax levies, budgets or financial statements for local taxing districts throughout the county,
- Archives official county real estate tax maps, commonly called “Sidwell maps,” fulfills orders for copies of tax maps, legal descriptions and other products,
- Files ordinances establishing new tax districts or amending existing district boundaries,
- Provides necessary tax approvals for recording plats of subdivision
- Accepts lobbyist registrations,
- Accepts Statements of Economic Interest.
Records the activity of the Cook County Board of Commissioners.